Stainless steel is a steel alloy with a minimum of 10.5% chromium content by mass. An ‘alloy’ is several metals mixed together. Widely used for cookware today.
Advantages of Stainless Steel Cookware:
- Pretty looking on the eyes, polishes well to smooth and shines like a mirror
- Very long lasting—it resists dings, dents, scratches, rust, and corrosion very well.
- Very versatile—can be used over high heat; can be used directly from the stove top to the oven; can be used in the refrigerator.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Often magnetic, and can be used with induction cooktops.
- Nonreactive—won’t react to alkaline (Brussel’s sprouts, carrots, greens) or acid (tomatoes).
- Doesn’t leach any metallic properties into food, for great flavor preservation
- Easy maintenance, only need to scrub gently or wipe it back into impeccable condition
- Recyclable. Stainless steel is completely recyclable
But Stainless steel does not conduct heat well and evenly, maybe cuase food searing or sticking. Then an aluminum core is sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel allowing heat to distribute evenly across the pan. In these pans the aluminum does not react or come into contact with food at all.
if magnetic stainless steel layer is applied exterior, then suitable for all kinds of stove top, include induction cooktops.
Improvements as below:
- Have enhanced cooking performance
- Have less hot spots especially when cooking pasta and delicate sauces
- Have a better and more even heat distribution
- Have improved heat retention
Sunrise specialized in stainless steel cookware and tea kettle manufacturing many years, good sales worldwide, hope become your trustable and reliable supplier in China.